Dr. Troy Diehl has taken care of my husband, my son, my daughter and myself on different occasions and each time he has been thorough in his examination and compassionate in his care. I highly recommend Dr. Diehl and the team at Performance Orthopedics.K. A.
Dr. Troy Diehl, D.O.
Dr. Troy Diehl is considered to be a top orthopedic surgeon in Frisco, TX and provides comprehensive orthopedic care to the local community and the North Texas area. He is assisted by one of Frisco’s most experienced Physician Assistants, Trisha Fennell, PA-C.
Dr. Diehl earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Penn State University and earned his Doctorate of Osteopathy from the Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at Summa Health Systems-Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital in Akron, OH, followed by a sports medicine fellowship at Wellington Orthopedics and the University of Cincinnati. During his fellowship with the Cincinnati Bengals and the University of Cincinnati, Dr. Diehl participated treating collegiate as well as professional athletes from the NFL, ATP, and AVP.
Dr. Diehl is currently the team physician for McKinney High School in McKinney, TX, Heritage High School in Frisco, TX as well as the Griffins Rugby Team in Allen, TX.
Dr. Diehl resides in Frisco with his wife and their two children. His hobbies include golfing, skiing, and spending quality time with his family.
- 1994 to 1998 – B.S., Premedicine – Pennsylvania State University – University Park, PA
- 1998 to 2002 – Doctor of Osteopathy – Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine – Athens, OH
- 2004 – Orthopaedic Oncology and Basic Sciences – University Hospital – Cleveland, OH
- 2005 – Orthopaedic Sports Medicine – University of Pittsburgh Medical; Center – Pittsburgh Medical Center
- 2005 – Orthopaedic Trauma – Metro Health System – Cleveland, OH
- 2005 – Pediatric Orthopaedics – Cleveland Clinic Foundation – Cleveland, OH
- 2002 to 2003 – Orthopaedic Surgery Residency – Summa Health System – Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital – Akron, OH
- 2002 to 2003 – Rotating Internship – Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital – Akron, OH
- 2007 to 2008 – Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine Fellowship – Wellington Orthopaedics – University of Cincinnati – Cincinnati, OH
Dr. Diehl Is Accepting New Patients
Dr. Troy Diehl is currently accepting new patients. To schedule an appointment, please use our convenient online scheduling system. We look forward to seeing you.