I definitely felt like everyone in that office was friendly and engaging and was looking out for my best interest and knew me as a patient and tried to accommodate me as much as possible. Service was quick and painless and results appear to be better than expected. Thank you so much for giving me back what I had been missing for months now. Excited to live life again.Sheila
Dr. Mark Lessner M.D.
Dr. Mark Lessner, M.D. is quickly establishing himself as a top orthopedic surgeon in Frisco, TX. As a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with specialty training in sports medicine and arthroscopy, he is passionate about helping athletes of all levels to get back in the game.
Dr Lessner completed medical school at Texas Tech University Health Science Center in Lubbock. After that, he completed his general orthopedic residency at The University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City and then headed to Cincinnati for a sports medicine fellowship.
His fellowship solidified his passion for sports medicine and orthopedic care for athletes. During his sports medicine fellowship, Dr. Lessner was an assistant team physician for both the Cincinnati Bengals, an NFL football team and The University of Cincinnati sports teams. He also had the opportunity to serve as a physician for men’s and women’s professional tennis and sand volleyball tournaments.
Dr. Lessner is trained to manage all areas of orthopedic care. His interests lie in care of athletes of all ages and levels, as well as advanced arthroscopy and surgery of the shoulder and knee. He is a proud member of the American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Dr. Mark Lessner knows the North Texas area very well. He attended Allen High School, where he played football. Dr. Lessner now lives in McKinney with his wife Beth and their three children.
- 1996-2000 – B.S., Biology cum laude, Minor in Chemistry – Trinity University – San Antonio, TX
- 2000 to 2004 – Doctor of Medicine – Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society – Texas Tech University School of Medicine – Lubbock, TX
- 2004-2005 – Orthopaedic Surgery Internship – University of Kansas Hospital – Kansas City, KS
- 2005-2009 – Orthopaedic Surgery Residency – University of Kansas Hospital – Kansas City, KS
- 2009 to 2010 – Sports Medicine and Shoulder Fellowship – Wellington Orthopaedics – University of Cincinnati – Cincinnati, OH
Dr. Lessner Is Accepting New Patients
Dr Mark Lessner is currently accepting new patients. Go to our convenient schedule page to request an appointment with Dr. Lessner..