Learn More About Hand and Wrist Pain
Hand and Wrist Specialist in Frisco
At Performance Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, we are specialists at diagnosing and treating hand and wrist pain. An accurate diagnosis is of the utmost importance, since your treatment, rehabilitation, and recovery are all dependent on the injury or the cause of your pain.
Types of Hand and Wrist Injuries
- Strains – injury of a muscle or tendon
- Fractures – when your hand or wrist bone has a break in it
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – occurs as a result of recurring wrist movements, such as typing on a computer keyboard
- Kienbock’s Wrist – an interruption of blood supply causes a fracture in the bone tissue
- Arthritis – inflammation of the joints
- Dislocations – a displacement of a bone from its normal position
- Tendinitis – inflammation of one or more tendons.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
One of the more common causes of wrist pain is carpal tunnel syndrome. This condition affects millions of Americans by causing numbness, tingling and weakness in the hand and wrist area. It is typically caused by repetitive wrist motions. The carpal ligament gets compressed and pinches the median nerve.
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel:
- Numbness in fingers or hands
- Pain from your wrist to your arm
- Weakness in hands
Treatments of Carpal Tunnel:
- Steroid Injections
Our Other Orthopedic Specialties Include:
- Foot and Ankle
Our Doctors are Accepting New Patients
Our hand and wrist specialists are currently accepting new patients. To schedule an appointment, please call our Frisco clinic at (214) 705-2861.